FIRST LEGO League does not pair children up with existing teams. For privacy reasons, we are not able to share lists of team contact information.
Please refer to our Timeline to see where we are in the FLL season.
If it’s after our Registration closes (fall), here’s what you can do:
- We encourage parents to take their child to a FLL event in your area. It’s a great way to see the culminating event and meet other parents, coaches, the FIRST LEGO League Partner, and teams. Click here to find an event.
- If you can’t find an event listed near you, we recommend reaching out to your local FLL Partner. We call the head volunteers in each region the FIRST LEGO League Partner. FLL Partners fundraise, run events, hold workshops and demonstrations and market FLL locally. They work with the local teams and may be able provide you with further tips on starting a team in your area. They can also tell you where and when tournaments generally occur in your region. You can find the FIRST LEGO League Partner for your area here.
If you’d like to find an existing team to join next season*, here’s what you can do:
- Talk to your child’s school, church group, Boy or Girl Scouts troop, or after-school care organization to see if they have existing FLL teams. If they don’t, it could be a great opportunity to start one!
- We have a system called FIRST TeamUp which allows parents, coaches, and mentors to connect. You can create a profile and search for teams or parents matching your criteria.
- We also have our FLL Forums. Our forums are a place for the adult members of the FLL Community to talk to each other –coaches, volunteers, FIRST LEGO League Partner, parents, whomever! This is NOT where official information is dispensed about the FLL program, but it’s a great way to find other teams or get some advice. Create an account!
*Please note: US/Canadian registration for the next season begins in May and ends in September.
If you haven’t had any luck finding existing teams for your child to join, we encourage parents and teachers to consider starting a new team in your area. Don’t worry; we do not expect you to do this alone! We provide lots of information on our website to help you with this process, and we always encourage new coaches to seek out help from other local parents, teachers, and/or school districts. Your local FIRST LEGO League Partner can also help you with the process.
Our website can provide you with all sorts of helpful information, and these links are a good place to start.
- Visit our “Start a Team” page.
- We provide some great, print-friendly downloadable marketing materials. You will find flyers, fact sheets, and videos that help to make the FLL experience more understandable. These are useful for recruiting both students and sponsors.
- US/Canadian Teams: Please visit our registration site to learn how to register, products and pricing, and payment options.
- You may want to join our Twitter followers. We send out daily updates, behind-the-scenes peeks, and invitations for teams to let us know what they're up to. You can find our Twitter feed here: http://twitter.com/firstlegoleague.